In 1927 a barn was bought from Mr C Barnett by The National Council of Social Service who became the permanent Trustee. Management Trustees were appointed from organisations within the village.
In 1971 the trusteeship was transferred to The Charity Commissioners.
From its inception the hall was used for all village social activities and in 1965 it was modernised at a cost of £4,500, £2,750 was raised by grants and the remainder by the village parishioners to enable toilets, a new heating system and a kitchen to be installed.
By 2002 the trustees decided the hall desperately needed updating again. A huge effort was made to transform the hall into what we are proud to have today – the main hall, kitchen, snooker room and meeting room all of which are independently heated and are individually hired.
Approximately £170,000 was raised which included a lottery grant, local council grants and other local grants. Various activities took place in the village to make up the shortfall to reach the final amount.
‘The special interest of Childswickham is:
Registered with the Charity Commission as 523115